Fairhaven Birds Eye -- Not a Map
 
A Hopeful View of 1891 
 
 
The image. left,  is cropped to show the smaller central district of Fairhaven, not the larger town that existed in 1891.   The image of the Fairhaven Hotel, with the never-built Opera House behind, can be seen in the center of the image.  
 

Only 15 of the Fairhaven Bird's Eyes are known to have survived.  Brian Griffin found eleven of them rolled up in a protective tube and stored in the attic rafters of a house on 16th Street that had been built by Fairhaven lawyer, Thomas Newman in 1890.                            
 

 
Another of the Fairhaven Birds Eyes is on public display in the reading room of the Washington State Archives.
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2019 FairhavenHistory.com Website by ProFusion Web Solutions