Deadman's Point
 
Deadman's Point, has also been known as Poe's Point, Commercial Point and Graveyard Point.
 
The large land mass, at the foot of Harris Avenue, is marked in the painting above with "Fairhaven 1889".
 
This early view of Fairhaven shows the wharf, and the clear cutting of trees to make way for what was being called "The Imperial City,"  waiting to become the terminus of the railroad.
 

Whatcom Museum

 
 

Copyright © 2020 FairhavenHistory.com Website by ProFusion Web Solutions