Bellingham Herald headline of April 13, 1931. LODGE CELEBRATES -- Croatian Fraternal Union Holds Grand Opening Ball
The Opening in the new Croatian ion Hall at 10th and Harris was attended by approximately 1,000 people; a big event on a Saturday night in Fairhaven.
The affair included entertainment by the Jack Burn orchestra, which played America. Mayor John A Kellogg addressed the group and George Finnegan (the unofficial Mayor of South Bellingham) gave a humorous talk.
- Two songs by Winifred Ruljanovich accompanied by Mr. T.J. Elich
- Performances by the Lee Sisters
- The Dalton Girls performed the Hula
- A Charlie Chaplin impersonation by one of the Dalton girls.
- Three songs were performed by a group from Vancouver
- The program was closed by the Jugoslav string orchestra.
An award was given to Mrs. Tony Bakulich.
Dancing continued until 1 am.
It was reported that visitors came from throughout the Northwest