Fairhaven Pharmacy's 4th Location


Early photo of Fairhaven Phamacy in the Monahan Building
Courtesy Whatcom Museum Photo Archives
Gordy Tweit Collection
The Fairhaven Pharmacy, now located at the corner of 12th Street and Harris Avenue has moved around a bit!  It's first location was in the empty lot, just north of the current Pharmacy location on 12th Street.  It has also resided at the Mason Block and in the Terminal Building.

From 1916 to 1929 the Monahan Building was  home to George Finnegan’s Fairhaven Pharmacy. George ran his store here until his one-story “shopping tower” was completed in 1929. The
Fairhaven Pharmacy is still in operation at 12th Street and Harris.

 







 

Return to Monahan Tenants