Fairhaven Pharmacy in 1915


1915 Photo of Terminal Building
Courtesy Whatcom Museum Photo Archives
Gordy Tweit Collection
Long-time South-side residents of Bellingham remember the Fairhaven Pharmacy to be at the corner of 12th Street and Harris Avenue.  The Pharmacy started in 1889 and  occupied a number of locations before settling into it's permanent location in 1929.  

The photo taken around 1915, shows the Fairhaven Pharmacy when it was located in the Terminal Building at 1103 Harris Avenue, now occupied by Harris Street Cafe. This was the Pharmacy's third location.   It moved around the corner to the Monahan Building in 1916 and was there until 1929.  

This photo was provided by Gordon Tweit, who was part of the Fairhaven Pharmacy for over 70 years, starting as a delivery boy,

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2019 FairhavenHistory.com Website by ProFusion Web Solutions